Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium ES
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk to your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A penicillin allergy
- Any other allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Augmentin ES and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Augmentin ES and Breastfeeding).
Tell your healthcare provider about any other medication you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium ES to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium ES Dosing InformationThe dose of this medication a healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on the weight of the child. As is always the case, do not adjust the dose unless the healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium ES Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsAmoxicillin/clavulanate potassium ES may potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Amoxicillin/Clavulanate Potassium ES).