Atrovent Nasal Spray Dosage
The recommended Atrovent nasal spray dose for treating a runny nose due to year-round (perennial) nasal allergies or non-allergic nasal problems in adults and children (age six years and up) is two sprays of Atrovent 0.03% nasal spray two or three times daily.
General Atrovent Nasal Spray Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Atrovent nasal spray include the following:
- Atrovent nasal spray is usually taken two to four times daily, depending on several factors.
- The Atrovent nasal spray pump must be primed before the first use by pumping it seven times. Make sure the bottle points upright and away from your face. If you have not used the bottle for 24 hours, it needs repriming with two sprays. If it has been more than seven days, the pump needs repriming with seven sprays.
- Blow your nose before each Atrovent nasal spray dose. Keep your head slightly tilted forward and aim the tip of the bottle toward the back and outer side of the nose. Press your other nostril shut with a finger. Sniff deeply while spraying Atrovent nasal spray into your nose, and then breathe out through your mouth. After spraying, tilt your head backward for a few seconds.
- Do not try to inhale the Atrovent nasal spray or breath in too vigorously, as Atrovent nasal spray works when in comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Atrovent nasal spray will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Atrovent nasal spray or your Atrovent nasal spray dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.