General Dosing Information
Balmex dosing considerations for your baby include the following:
- Liberally apply the cream or ointment with your fingertips. Do not try to rub it in, as this action is not helpful and can be irritating.
- Be careful when applying the powder to avoid creating a "cloud" of powder that could be inhaled by you or your baby. Instead of the traditional way of dusting the entire diaper area directly from the container, it is better to carefully put the powder in your hand or the actual diaper first.
- You do not have to completely remove the previous application of Balmex when changing a diaper. Simply make sure the area is thoroughly (but gently) cleaned. Make sure to let the skin dry before applying Balmex.
- Stop using Balmex and consult your child's healthcare provider if the rash does not improve within seven days (or if it goes away but returns quickly).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dose of Balmex, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.