When and How to Use It
General considerations for when and how to use these products include the following:
- Balmex products are applied liberally as often as necessary, both to treat and to prevent diaper rash.
- Liberally apply the cream or ointment with your fingertips. Do not try to rub it in, as this action is not helpful and can be irritating.
- Be careful when applying the powder to avoid creating a "cloud" of powder that could be inhaled by you or your baby. Instead of the traditional way of dusting the entire diaper area directly from the container, it is better to carefully put the powder in your hand or the actual diaper first.
- You do not have to completely remove the previous application of Balmex when changing a diaper. Simply make sure the area is thoroughly (but gently) cleaned. Make sure to let the skin dry before applying Balmex.
- Stop using Balmex and consult your child's healthcare provider if the rash does not improve within seven days (or if it goes away but returns quickly).
Balmex Dosing Information
There really is not a recommended "dosage" for Balmex, per se. The products are applied liberally as often as needed.
(Click Balmex Dosage for more information.)
These products are unlikely to cause side effects when used properly. However, some individuals could develop skin irritation, and significant side effects might develop if the products are used inappropriately.
(Click Balmex Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)