General Information on Your Boostrix DoseSome considerations for people taking Boostrix include the following:
- This vaccine is given as an injection into the deltoid muscle of the upper arm (where most immunizations are given). Most people need just one dose of Boostrix, except pregnant women, who need a dose during each pregnancy.
- In general, the vaccine should only be given if at least five years have passed since the last DTaP or Td vaccine has been given. In some cases, Boostrix can be given sooner than this.
- The healthcare provider should shake the vial well before administering it.
- Multiple doses of this vaccine are not recommended in most situations. After an individual receives the Boostrix vaccine, all future boosters should be given as the Td vaccine.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Boostrix dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.