Boudreaux's Butt Paste Overdose
An overdose of Boudreaux's Butt Paste is not likely to occur if the product is used as intended (applied to the skin). Taking the ointment by mouth may cause serious problems though, so seek medical attention immediately if you suspect that your child may have ingested the ointment. Treating an overdose may involve "pumping the stomach" or supportive care.
Can You Use Too Much Boudreaux's Butt Paste?
Boudreaux's Butt Paste® is a non-prescription diaper rash ointment. It is not entirely clear what to expect from an overdose of this product, although dangerous effects are probably most likely if it is taken by mouth (rather than applied to the skin).
If you suspect that your child may have eaten some of the ointment, contact your child's healthcare provider or a poison control center for further instructions.
Symptoms of an Overdose
Little is known about what may occur as the result of a Boudreaux's Butt Paste overdose. As previously stated, serious overdose symptoms are probably most likely if the product is taken by mouth.
Based on reported symptoms in people who overdosed on the individual components of Boudreaux's Butt Paste (by mouth), the following symptoms are possible:
- Dark urine
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Yellow eyes and skin
- Nausea and vomiting
- Kidney damage.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste should be stored safely out of the reach of children. This may be a little tricky, however, since the product is usually kept in the diaper changing area.
Treatment for a Boudreaux's Butt Paste Overdose
If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that your child may have overdosed on this product.