Boudreaux's Butt Paste Warnings and Precautions
There are many warnings and precautions to be aware of before using Boudreaux's Butt Paste on your child. If your baby has a yeast diaper rash, make sure to consult your child's healthcare provider before using this product. You should also contact a healthcare provider if the diaper rash does not improve within seven days of using the ointment.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Using Boudreaux's Butt Paste?
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Boudreaux's Butt Paste® if your child has:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A very severe or stubborn diaper rash
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
You should also be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines your child is taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- Boudreaux's Butt Paste contains Peruvian balsam, which has been linked to kidney damage, especially when taken by mouth (although extensive use of large amounts of Peruvian balsam on the skin could also potentially cause this problem).
Because it is not clear how much Peruvian balsam Boudreaux's Butt Paste contains (since Peruvian balsam is considered to be an inactive ingredient), this product should probably be avoided for individuals with kidney disease.
- Boudreaux's Butt Paste is not a substitute for frequent diaper changing and gentle cleansing of the skin. The ointment is to be used along with the usual recommendation for caring for a diaper rash.
- If the diaper rash does not improve within seven days of use, stop using Boudreaux's Butt Paste and contact your child's healthcare provider. Your child may need a different type of diaper rash treatment.
- Be sure to keep Boudreaux's Butt Paste out of the reach of children (which actually can be a little tricky, since they need to be kept near the diaper changing area). It could be potentially dangerous if a child ingests Boudreaux's Butt Paste (see Boudreaux's Butt Paste Overdose for more information).