Children's Tylenol Dosage
Considerations for people taking Children's Tylenol include the following:
- Children's Tylenol is different from infant Tylenol, and the dosing is different. Make sure to carefully check which product you are using.
- Children's Tylenol comes in two different forms for children ages 2 to 11: Meltaways (orally disintegrating tablets) and suspension (liquid). Junior Tylenol Meltaways are also available for children ages 6 to 12.
- Children's Tylenol and Junior Tylenol Meltaways quickly dissolve in the mouth, without the need for water. They are very helpful in children with trouble swallowing tablets.
- Children's Tylenol suspension should be shaken well just before each dosage. Use the dosing cup provided with the medication to measure the correct dose.
- Tylenol can be taken with or without food. If the drug seems to bother your child's stomach, try having your child take it with a little food.
- Make sure you know exactly how much medication to give your child and exactly how to measure the dose. If you are not sure, ask your child's healthcare provider.
- It is important to keep track of how much Children's Tylenol you give your child, as it is easy to give too much (see Tylenol Poisoning). It is important to remember that acetaminophen (the active ingredient of Children's Tylenol) is found in many medications (both prescription and non-prescription).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dosage of Children's Tylenol, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.