Ciprofloxacin Ear Drops Dosage
The standard dosage of ciprofloxacin ear drops is one single-use container in the infected ear twice daily for seven days. The doses should be given about 12 hours apart. To ensure a safe and effective treatment, wash your hands before use and apply the drops in the ear only -- do not take then by mouth or put them in your nose or eyes.
There is only one standard dose of ciprofloxacin ear drops (Cetraxal®). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The standard dose for this product is one single-use container in the infected ear twice daily, about 12 hours apart, for seven days.
Each single-use container of ciprofloxacin ear drops has the correct amount of medicine needed for one dose. Normally, two containers are used each day. Use the medicine immediately after opening the container, and then throw it away.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with ciprofloxacin ear drops include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an ear drop. It is normally used in the infected ear twice a day, about 12 hours apart, for seven days.
- Ciprofloxacin ear drops come in a single-use container. This means the contents in each container are enough for one dose. Throw out the container after use, even if it seems like there is still some medicine left in it.
- General steps for using ciprofloxacin ear drops include the following:
- Wash your hands before use.
- You can warm the single-use container in your hands for about a minute if you like. Putting cold ear drops into the ear can sometimes cause dizziness.
- Twist off the top of the container, and throw it away.
- Lie with the infected ear up and empty the entire contents of one container into the ear.
- Stay lying with the infected ear up for at least a minute. This helps the medicine stay in the ear.
- Throw out the empty container.
- If you have an infection in the other ear, repeat the steps using a new ciprofloxacin ear drops container.
- This medication should only be used in the ear. Do not take it by mouth, put it in your nose or eyes, or apply it to your skin.
- Try to keep your ears dry while using this medication. You should not go swimming during treatment with ciprofloxacin ear drops unless your healthcare provider tells you it is okay.
- You should begin to feel better within a few days of starting ciprofloxacin ear drops. However, this does not mean your infection is gone. It is important that you finish the full course of this medicine. Stopping treatment too early may cause the infection to return, or lead to antibiotic resistance.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.