An Introduction to Side Effects of Ciprofloxacin Ear Drops
Just like any medicine, ciprofloxacin ear drops
) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with ciprofloxacin ear drops. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Ciprofloxacin Ear Drops Side Effects to Report
Potentially serious side effects that should be reported to your healthcare provider immediately include:
- Severe or persistent ear irritation or pain that does not go away or that gets worse with repeated ciprofloxacin ear drops use
- White patches in your mouth or throat, which could be signs of a fungal or yeast infection
- Any skin rash
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Common Side Effects
Ciprofloxacin ear drops have been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people using the medication were carefully documented. The most commonly reported side effects, occurring in 2 to 3 percent of people, included: