Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your child's healthcare provider before your child takes this medication if your child has:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if your child is:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Kapvay and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Kapvay and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your child's healthcare provider about any other medicines your child takes, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Clonidine ER to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Clonidine ERThe dose your child's healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How your child responds to clonidine ER
- Other medications your child is taking
- Other medical conditions your child may have.
As always, do not adjust your child's dose unless the healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Clonidine ER Dosage for more information.)