Side Effects of Daptacel
As with any vaccine, Daptacel may cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the vaccine will experience side effects. In fact, most children tolerate it well, with only minor side effects (if any).
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Fussiness or irritability
- Inconsolable crying
- Injection site reactions such as pain, swelling, or redness
(Click Daptacel Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Daptacel can potentially interact with a few medications (see Daptacel Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?
You should talk to a healthcare provider before your child receives this vaccine if your child has:
- An immune-suppressing condition such as HIV or AIDS, diabetes, or cancer
- A bleeding disorder
- Had any sort of a reaction to any vaccine in the past
- A moderate or severe illness
- A brain or nervous system disorder
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Make sure to tell the healthcare provider about all the medicines your child is taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Daptacel Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not get vaccinated.)