Interested in a Discount on Infant Tylenol?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
General considerations for when and how to take infant Tylenol include the following:
- Infant Tylenol suspension is taken by mouth. Dispense the medication slowly into your child's mouth toward the inner cheek. Do not try to squirt it down the throat.
- Double-check the concentration and the dosage before every dose. The concentration of new infant Tylenol is different from the old concentration.
- Tylenol can be taken without regard to food or breastfeeding. However, you may want to avoid giving a dose just after a feeding, as your baby may be more likely to spit up the medication.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before every single dose of infant Tylenol.
- Make sure you know exactly how much medication to give your child and exactly how to measure the dose. If you are not sure, ask your child's healthcare provider.
- It is important to keep track of how much infant Tylenol you give your child, as it is easy to give too much (see Tylenol Poisoning). It is important to remember that acetaminophen (the active ingredient of infant Tylenol) is found in many medications (both prescription and non-prescription).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The recommended dose of infant Tylenol will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The age and weight of the child
- Other medications your child may be taking
- Other medical conditions your child may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your infant's dose of Tylenol unless his or her healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Infant Tylenol Dosage for more information.)