Interested in a Discount on Lupron?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Lupron include the following:
- This medication is given as an injection just under the skin (a subcutaneous injection) once a day.
- This injection is given in the fatty layer of tissue just beneath the skin. To protect your skin from irritation, you should choose a different injection site each day.
- Make sure your healthcare provider shows you exactly how to inject this medicine. Ask questions if you are unsure. Also, read the injection instructions that came with your medicine before using it.
- Thoroughly check the vial before each use, and do not use the medicine if you notice any particles or if the liquid is discolored.
- There will be some liquid remaining in the vial after you have finished all of your doses. This is normal and not a cause for concern. Do not try to get all of the liquid out of the vial. Just use the recommended amount for each dose.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine, as it will cause your symptoms to return.
The dose your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are using it
- Your weight (in children)
- How you respond to the medication.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Lupron Dosage for more information.)