Kids Home > Balmex Side Effects
Serious side effects are not likely to occur with Balmex. Problems that have been seen with skin products containing zinc oxide (the active ingredient in Balmex) include burning, itching, and dark discoloration of the skin. Significant problems with Balmex are more likely to occur if the product is taken by mouth, rather than applied to the skin.
An Introduction to Balmex Side Effects
Possible Side Effects With Balmex
- Dark discoloration of the skin.
Serious Side Effects
- An unexplained rash
- Severe itching
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.
- A copper deficiency
- Watery diarrhea
- Kidney problems
- Chills and a fever
- Yellow skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Mouth and throat irritation.