Kids Home > Boudreaux's Butt Paste Side Effects
Itching, dark discoloration of the skin, and stinging are some of the effects that may occur with zinc oxide products such as Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Problems are unlikely to occur if the ointment is used as intended (applied to the skin). Serious side effects with Boudreaux's Butt Paste may occur if the product is taken by mouth.
An Introduction to Boudreaux's Butt Paste Side Effects
Possible Side Effects With Boudreaux's Butt Paste
- Sensitivity to the sun (although this is obviously unlikely to be a problem when the product is used for diaper rash)
- Dark discoloration of the skin.
Serious Side Effects
- An unexplained rash
- Severe itching
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.
- A copper deficiency
- Watery diarrhea
- Kidney problems
- Chills and a fever
- Yellow skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Mouth and throat irritation.