Kids Home > Pentacel Side Effects
Fussiness or irritability, inconsolable crying, and lethargy are the most common side effects that have been reported with Pentacel. Side effects of the vaccine are often mild and do not require medical attention in most cases. However, there are some rare but serious side effects that should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately (such as weakness or high fever).
An Introduction to Pentacel Side Effects
Common Side Effects of Pentacel
- Fussiness or irritability -- in up to 76.9 percent of children
- Inconsolable crying -- up to 59.3 percent
- Lethargy -- up to 45.8 percent
- Fever -- up to 16.3 percent
- Tenderness at the injection site -- up to 56.1 percent
- Swelling at the injection site -- up to 9.7 percent
- Redness at the injection site -- up to 17.3 percent.