Kids Home > Pimecrolimus
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using pimecrolimus if you have:
- A history of, or currently have, lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes), skin cancer, or any other type of cancer
- A rare genetic skin condition called Netherton's syndrome
- Any infection on your skin, including chickenpox or herpes
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Elidel and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Elidel and Breastfeeding).