The dose of Tessalon®
) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Tessalon Dosage for Coughs
The standard dose of Tessalon in adults and children age 10 and older for suppressing a cough is 100 or 200 mg, up to three times daily as necessary. The maximum total dose per day is 600 mg. Never give Tessalon to a child (or even an adult) who cannot swallow capsules, as the medication must be swallowed whole. It should never be chewed or sucked.
General Information on Taking Tessalon
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tessalon include the following:
- Tessalon comes in liquid-filled gel capsules. It is usually taken by mouth three times daily.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the capsules whole; never chew or suck them. Doing so could cause serious reactions.
- For this product to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Tessalon dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.