Your dosage of Natroba will likely consist of one or two applications. If you see any live lice a week after the first treatment, you will need to apply a second treatment. Be sure to use enough of the liquid to cover the hair and scalp. Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, you may need to use the entire bottle.
An Introduction to Dosing With NatrobaThe dosage of Natroba® (spinosad) you need will vary, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
One bottle of Natroba contains four ounces (120 mL) of the product. Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, your may need up to one full bottle per treatment. Be sure to use enough to completely cover the hair and scalp; missing spots could allow the lice to survive.
Sometimes, a single treatment will be adequate to completely get rid of the lice. However, if you can still see live lice a week after the treatment, a second treatment is necessary.
As with any lice treatment, you will need to wash recently worn clothing, bedding, and hats in hot water. Also, be sure to wash personal care items (such as combs or brushes) in hot water.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Natroba include the following:
- Be sure to shake the bottle well.
- Apply the liquid to dry hair. Apply it to the scalp first, then apply it to the hair. Use enough (up to one full bottle, if necessary) to completely cover the hair and scalp.
- Leave the liquid on for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. You may shampoo the hair immediately after treatment.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and face. This is best done by covering the face with a towel throughout the entire process.
- You may use a lice comb to remove the dead lice, although this is not necessary.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Natroba will not work if you do not use enough.