If you happen to overdose on Natroba (spinosad), the effects will depend on whether you applied it to the hair or took it by mouth. Serious problems are not expected if too much is applied to the hair -- in fact, the treatment could be as simple as washing the hair thoroughly. However, taking an oral overdose could be dangerous and may require more aggressive treatment.
Can You Use Too Much Natroba?Natroba® (spinosad) is a prescription medication approved to treat head lice. As with most medications, it is probably possible to use too much Natroba. The specific effects of an overdose are largely unknown, but would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Natroba dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
Effects of a Natroba Overdose
It is reasonable to expect that no serious problems would occur if a person applies an excessive amount of Natroba, as long as the product was applied and removed as directed. In that sense, it is probably impossible to apply too much. However, if a Natroba overdose is taken by mouth, serious effects could occur. The exact effects are not yet known, however, as spinosad is a relatively new chemical.
What Are the Treatment Options?
The treatment for a Natroba overdose will vary, depending on how the medication was used or taken. If taken by mouth, a healthcare provider might "pump the stomach" or give activated charcoal to absorb the medication in the digestive tract. If the overdose was applied to the hair, a thorough rinsing is probably all that is necessary, especially if no problems or symptoms occurred.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Natroba.