Common Signs of Common School Ailments
diarrhea in young people, rotavirus usually affects children between the ages of six months and two years.This contagious illness can last from three to seven days, and most children recover without treatment. However, because this condition can cause dehydration, make sure your child is consuming plenty of fluids that contain electrolytes. There are vaccines that can help prevent rotavirus.Contrary to populsar belief, scabies is not caused by poor hygiene. It is spread through skin-to-skin contact with an infected person. The mites can burrow beneath the skin in 2.5 minutes.
Possible signs of rotavirus include:
- Large amounts of watery diarrhea
- Abdominal (stomach) pain.
Some signs of scabies include:
- A pimple-like rash
- Intense itching, particularly at night
- Tiny burrows that look like grayish-white or skin-colored lines on the skin.
Although the rash may be all over the body, it is most commonly found on the skin between the fingers and of the wrists, elbows, armpits, groin area, nipples, waist, buttocks, and shoulder blades.
Treatment includes several steps, including:
- Killing the mites
- Treating any family members who have been exposed to the infected person
- Preventing the scabies from returning.