Common Signs of Common School Ailments
This problem occurs when the small breathing tubes (bronchioles) in the lungs become constricted and inflamed. This often occurs when something triggers them, such as allergens. It causes the airways to tighten and close up, causing an asthma attack.
- Coughing at night
- Breathing problems that are worse after physical activity or during a certain time of year
- Colds that last more than 10 days.
Asthma can be serious, but it is treatable. It usually requires medication, such as inhalers or nebulizers.
Campylobacteriosis is a severe form of diarrhea that often occurs in the summer and early fall. It is caused by the bacteria Campylobacter jejuni. It is often caused by eating raw or undercooked poultry meat. It can also occur if your child comes into contact with the feces of infected people, pets, birds, and farm animals. Drinking contaminated water, milk, or juice can also lead to this illness.
- Abdominal (stomach) pain and cramping
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea, which may be bloody
- Malaise (general fatigue)