A one-time dose of Sklice can be effective at killing head lice and the nits (eggs). Unlike many other head lice medications, Sklice does not require the time-consuming act of combing out the nits. There is only one standard dosage of this medicine, regardless of how old you are or the length of your hair. After thoroughly applying this lotion, leave it on for 10 minutes.
An Introduction to Dosing With SkliceThere is only one standard dose for Sklice® (ivermectin lotion), regardless of your age or the length of your hair. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Sklice Dosage?Sklice lotion comes in a 4-ounce bottle, which is enough for a single application. If there is any left over, do not save it for later or for another person. The lotion is applied as a single dose to the scalp and hair, and then left on for 10 minutes.
Repeat dosing is usually not required, and nit picking to comb out the eggs is not required either, unlike with many other lice treatments. Although you are certainly free to spend the time to comb out the dead lice and nits (eggs), this is unnecessary.
General Information on Using SkliceSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Sklice include the following:
- Apply the lotion when the hair is dry.
- Cover the entire scalp and hair with the lotion. Start with the scalp first, then work your way down to the ends of the hair.
- It is essential to take your time and make sure that the hair and scalp are thoroughly coated. Rushing this process decreases the chances of fully getting rid of the lice. Children will need an adult to apply the lotion.
- Make sure to keep the lotion out of the eyes. If eye exposure occurs, wash the eyes gently with water.
- Wash your hands after applying Sklice.
- Leave the lotion on for 10 minutes, starting the timer after you are completely finished applying the product.
- After 10 minutes, rinse thoroughly with water only.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Sklice will not work if you do not use enough or are not careful in applying the lotion.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Sklice dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.