Kids Channel
Topics
Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

Sklice Overdose

While it is not known what exactly to expect from an overdose on Sklice (ivermectin lotion), the specific effects will depend on how much was used and whether it was applied to the skin or taken by mouth. Possible symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, a rash, and dizziness. Treatment options may include pumping the stomach, administering certain medications, and providing supportive care.

Can You Use Too Much Sklice?

Sklice® (ivermectin lotion) is a prescription medication approved to treat head lice. As with most medications, it is probably possible to use too much Sklice.
 
The specific effects of an overdose would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Sklice dosage and whether it was applied to the skin or taken by mouth.
 

Effects of an Overdose

It is reasonable to expect that no serious problems would occur if a person applies too much Sklice, as long as the product was applied and removed as directed. In fact, more is usually better (up to a full tube) to make sure that an adequate amount is applied to cover every section of every hair and the scalp.
 
Based on overdoses with the oral form of ivermectin or the veterinary formulations of the drug, potential overdose effects might include:
 
  • Rash
  • Swelling
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Seizures
  • Lack of muscle coordination
  • Shortness of breath
  • Abdominal (stomach) pain
  • Itching
  • Unusual skin sensations.
 

Treatment for a Sklice Overdose

The treatment for an overdose with Sklice will vary, depending on how the medication was used or taken. If taken by mouth, a healthcare provider might "pump the stomach" or administer activated charcoal to absorb the drug in the digestive tract. If the overdose was applied to the hair, a thorough rinsing is probably all that is necessary, especially if no problems or symptoms occurred.
 
In any case, any effects of the overdose will be treated. For instance, if an overdose caused seizures, medications should be given to help stop the seizures.
 
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much of this medication.
6 Quick Tips for Getting Kids to Take Medicine

Sklice Lice Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.