Triple Paste Dosage
There is no standard recommended Triple Paste dosage. Rather, the product should be applied liberally as often as necessary for the treatment of diaper rash (typically after every diaper change). To prevent diaper rash, you can apply the ointment on a daily basis, just before bedtime, or only when a rash begins to appear.
General Information on Dosing With Triple Paste
There is no real "dose" for Triple Paste® Medicated Ointment. Instead, it is intended to be applied liberally "as often as needed."
But what exactly does "as often as needed" mean? Typically, when used to treat a diaper rash, Triple Paste is applied after every diaper change. It is important to use an especially thick layer before bedtime or any other time when your baby is most likely to remain in a wet diaper for a longer period.
However, there are a few different approaches when using this product to prevent diaper rash. Many parents prefer to use Triple Paste to prevent diaper rash only if the skin is beginning to appear a little red or irritated, while others with especially "rashy" babies may choose to use the ointment at every single diaper change. Still, others may choose to apply Triple Paste only at bedtime.
It may take a little experimentation to find just exactly what works for your little one.
What You Need to Know When Giving a Dosage of Triple Paste
Considerations to keep in mind when applying a dose of Triple Paste to your baby include the following:
- Generously apply the ointment with your fingertips. Do not try to rub it in, as this action is not helpful and can be irritating.
- Remember that Triple Paste works by forming a barrier, and a thick layer is necessary to be effective.
- You do not have to completely remove the previous application when changing a diaper. Simply make sure the area is thoroughly (but gently) cleaned. Make sure to let the skin dry before applying Triple Paste.
- Stop using Triple Paste and consult your child's healthcare provider if the rash does not improve within seven days or if it goes away but returns quickly.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Triple Paste, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.