Vigamox comes in the form of an eye drop that is used three times a day for seven days. Usually, you will put one drop of Vigamox in the affected eye. You should not wear contacts while using this medication. Be sure to take each Vigamox dosage for the full time prescribed, even if your eye starts to feel better before then.
An Introduction to Dosing With VigamoxThere is only one standard recommended dose of Vigamox® (moxifloxacin eye drops), regardless of your weight or age. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Vigamox Dosage for Pink EyeThe recommended Vigamox dosage for bacterial conjunctivitis ("pink eye") symptoms in adults and children age one and older is one drop in the affected eye(s) three times a day for seven days.
General Information on Taking Your DoseConsiderations to keep in mind when using Vigamox include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- You should not wear contact lenses while using Vigamox, since contact lenses should not be worn while you have an eye infection.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as directed. Be sure to take it for the full time prescribed, even if your eye infection gets better sooner.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dose of Vigamox, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.