There is only one standard Vusion dosage for treating a diaper rash that is accompanied by a yeast infection. The ointment should be applied to the affected area after every diaper change for seven days. For the medicine to work properly, Vusion dosing guidelines must be followed as prescribed; be sure to use the ointment for a full seven days, even if the rash improves.
Vusion Dosage: An Introduction
There is only one standard recommended dose of Vusion® (miconazole/zinc oxide/white petrolatum) ointment. As always, do not adjust the dose unless your child's healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
General Information on Dosing With Vusion
Considerations when using Vusion on your baby include the following:
- The medication comes in ointment form. It is applied to the affected area after every diaper change for seven days.
- Before you apply Vusion, gently cleanse the skin with lukewarm water (no soaps, lotions, or other products, which can be irritating). Gently pat the area dry with a soft towel.
- Lightly apply the ointment with your fingertips. Do not try to rub it in, as this action can be irritating. Wash your hands after you are finished.
- Be sure to use Vusion ointment for a full seven days, even if the diaper rash seems to get better.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Vusion will not continue to work if you stop using it too early.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your baby's Vusion dosage, please talk to your child's doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.