When and How to Use Vusion
General considerations for when and how to use Vusion include the following:
- The medication comes in ointment form. It is applied to the affected area after every diaper change for seven days.
- Before you apply it, very gently cleanse the skin with lukewarm water (no soaps, lotions, or other products, which can be irritating). Gently pat the area dry with a soft towel.
- Lightly apply the ointment with your fingertips. Do not try to rub it in, as this action can be irritating. Wash your hands after you are finished.
- Be sure to use Vusion ointment for a full seven days, even if the diaper rash seems to get better.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It will not continue to work if you stop applying it too early.
There is only one recommended dose of Vusion ointment. As with any medication, do not adjust the dose unless your child's healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Vusion Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsIn studies, there did not appear to be any real side effects with Vusion ointment. In other words, even though some side effects were reported in babies treated with the ointment, these side effects occurred just as frequently in babies treated with a placebo ointment (with no active ingredient).
(Click Vusion Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)